Head of AuditAugust 8, 2017
Business AnalystAugust 10, 2017
- 4-5 years working experience as an accountant in one of these companies(Akinola Williams Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, Ernst &Young)
- BSc Accounting or any related field
- Membership of a professional body e.g ICAN, ACCA etc
Job Brief: This position will be responsible for all aspects of financial and operational accounting for the company, including payment processing, book-keeping, tax, pension, financial projections, audits and other statutory matters. The financial / account personnel will also be responsible for tracking and administering payments and continuous process improvement for all the finance processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepare financial projections and track compliance.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collating and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepare monthly salary schedule and regulatory compliance payments
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Business Related Skills / Competence / Attributes
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of excel
- Experience in a fast-paced finance environment
- Demonstrable experience of establishing more efficient processes.
- Leadership skills
- Organization skills
- Unbiased and objective with high level of integrity