Researcher-Business WriterAugust 13, 2017
Submit Your CVAugust 20, 2017
Job Overview: You are responsible for ensuring all transactions and financial policies for their organization meet federal regulations and standards. They will help create business policies and practices that meet compliance with the laws they are subject to and develop a review process to ensure they maintain these goals.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Proficient in computer software programs such as, word processors, spreadsheet programs, and database systems
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Provides organizational leadership in area of expertise in order to ensure the attainment of key strategic goals. Facilitates team goal setting and problem solving.
- Facilitates the development of individual development plans for team members
- Risk Management
- Recognizes, understands and acts against financial risks in an organizational context.